Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summertime Blues




Today is not going well at all. I'm bored. And my kids continually call, "Mama" in their whiny voice. UGHHHHHHHH!! I am ready for a schedule. I thought I would plan my summer out soo well. "Free play" for the boys always ends up with fighting and not sharing.

This is one of those days that I truly can envy the working mom. I must need Prozac or something. Maybe I'm hormonal like my gyno said. I just feel the need for space from these little guys!! Jordan has had a bad attitude the minute I suggested doing some reading. I resent that. Bad choice of words. I just want him to simply read a few minutes a day.

My original plan was to do some extra character training on a few issues. Well, that hasn't played out. I'm just Ms. Negativity today. Sorry.

I even told my hubby maybe we should go year round. I figured it out. We would have more breaks and could do 15 days of school a month appoximately to give us our 180 required by law. But there's always that one grand notion that crashes to earth in the vehicle of reality. Kinda like my summer. . .

Yeah. . . those hormones are kicking. I feel like I'm screaming inside, "I want some space!!!"

Our situation is this: my mom and my husband's parents live in another state. My sister has her hands full and running over with a 24 year old and 19 year old who don't work. Relatives of my husbands live within driving distance but we don't have the gas money to go visit them. I have friends at church but everyone works or has the money to keep their kids in sports or camps or just busy. Babysitting other people's kids is NOT my forte and in the past creates problems with my youngest! So, my kids have me. Poor things.

Okay, this blog will get brighter. I promise. No more negativity. . . at least, I'm outlawing it for tomorrow's agenda!!!

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe a brighter day, I hope. I am a schedule-oriented person. I function knowing what needs to be done when.

No comments: