Thursday, June 25, 2009

Falling off the Face of the. . . Blog?


Okay. So. . . I was doing good with my blogging and got blindsided by the ending of our school year. And then, VBS, etc. etc. At least, that's the excuse I'm giving out. So, sorry. I was tired and sooo were my little guys. I don't know who needed the break more me. . . or them. I vote for myself. I was ready for a major break. I will never never do school into June. I know and admire the homeschool mamas out there who relentlessly school through the summer. God bless you! I am bowing down kissing your toesies! That's not ME! Sorry. . . .once again. I love a change of pace and my mind and my house are begging for someone to come and clean out our cobwebs.

Jordan on the other hand wants to start second grade. He's a bookie like me. What can I say? He loves a new book--even if they are school books. Poor guy. I, too, am ready to start. I've been drooling and oogling my teacher's book from "My Father's World"--the new curriculum we're going to start in August.

Alas, my brain has got to reorganize and revamp not only itself but all the rooms in my house. I want soo much for this next year to be fun. I want to get the schooling done but enjoy my kids as well. I think I spent too much time on discipline and respect and not enough on just showing them how much fun learning can be.


I've been re-organizing (in my brain) how I want things set up for next year. Yesterday I went through stack after stack after stack of papers. What to do with all those papers? Of course, Jordan's drawings and school tests, forms, and worksheets I keep. But I threw out a garbage bag full of papers. Actually I had to sneakily throw them out--Jordan is a bad pack rat. I mean he keeps everything including receipts.


Well, it's great to be blogging again. My wonderful hubby has bought us a new computer--finally--so I'll be breaking it in, uploading pics and hopefully re-arranging stuff on the blog. It's great to be back!!!




No comments: