Thursday, November 12, 2009

Second Grade Readers List (2009-2010)

To give my seven year old more practice at reading, I have done a little "research" at what other homeschool curriculum companies use or suggest for their readers based on grade level. I have then gone to my library and either gotten that exact book or chosen one that is close to the recommended book. This list is not complete because right now we are in the middle of second-grade work. In addition to our A Beka readers (morning time), the following books are ones that we read nightly along with at least one story out of the Beginner's Bible.

I can already tell a difference in his reading. He is much smoother and reads faster and self-corrects. He has more experience so he is more confident in his reading. It really is about practice makes perfect.

Frog and Toad are Friends
Hill of Fire
Amelia Bedelia
One fish two fish red fish blue fish
Five Little Pumpkins
I Want to be an Astronuat
Put Me in the Zoo
Father Bear Comes Home
Come Back, Amelia Bedelia
Frog and Toad All Year
Grasshopper on the road
Mouse Tales
Pompeii: Buried Alive!
Wagon Wheels
Surprises!
Owl at Home
The Big Balloon Race
Daniel's Duck
The Fire Cat

Again, this is an incomplete list as we are in the middle of our school year but I will be posting off and on as we read and discover more books.

No comments: