Saturday, May 9, 2009

Countries and Cultures

I am so excited!! We are going to wrap up our geography with trips to other countries! Well, not literally. I'm currently writing lesson plans and finding some great websites to enrich our learning of the countries. According to my KONOS Curriculum Volume 1, the author states that to write a lesson plan on other countries and cultures you need to research the following: geography, literature, costrumes, food (the best part!), dances, songs, music, festivals, sports, games, art, religion, and flag. I'm also including native animals and Christian missionary stories as well as climate.

Here is a list of countries that we are going to explore in depth:

Mexico
Peru
England
France
Italy
Israel
Egypt
India
China
Australia
and a few we're just going to graze the surface of Germany,
Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Bahamas, Puerto
Rico and the Virgin Islands.

I wish we had time to explore all of the in depth but I plan on accomplishing that during our third grade year with My Father's World: Exploring Countries and Cultures. I can't wait.

No comments: